Tuesday, September 18, 2007

2 Hilarious Medication Warnings : Ambien and Veramyst


OK, so this doesn't have much to do with lower back pain or chiropractors, but it's worth mentioning here since it's medical-related. I recently saw two advertisements for medications on TV (that's not the hilarious part). Once they started rolling into their warnings, which they are required to do, I couldn't believe what I heard.


1. Ambien- The voiceover says, "Sleepwalking and eating or driving with no memory of the event have been reported."

Uhh, what?? Are you kidding me? Ambien might result in someone sleepwalking and then eating and driving? Then they won't even remember they did that?? Who ends up finding you? I guess the McDonalds drive thru cashier! If you think that's bad, read the rest of the Ambien warnings on the official site.

2. Veramyst - In the commercial, there is a graphic that states, "The way this drug works is not completely understood."
Really? So, the drug has been tested, approved, and launched without being completely understood? So, if someone sprays this stuff up their nose and all of their hair falls out and they sneeze for 24 hours straight, there's nobody to blame?

"We really didn't know how the drug works, so we cannot confirm that your hair falling out is from Veramyst."

Whatever.

You can't make this stuff up! Makes me want to throw out any medications I have at home...

The Patient

2 comments:

Steve Heyduck said...

Great catch on that disclaimer on Veramyst! I saw it last night and couldn't believe my eyes!

The Patient said...

Hi Steve.

Thanks for stopping by. I couldn't believe my eyes either... It's both funny and disturbing at the same time...

The Patient