Sunday, January 21, 2007

1.1 Miles Through Princeton. Chiropractors Are Definitely Underrated!

In my last post about my back pain and running, I explained that my chiropractor cleared me to start jogging again so I wanted to quickly follow up with the results. I tested the waters by running 1.1 miles through Princeton yesterday (about 1/3 of what I usually run). Jogging typically doesn't hurt while I'm actually running, but it's the next day that's a killer. I've been going to my chiropractor for about 5-6 weeks now and this is the first time I tried running since I threw out my back (badly in early December).

The Results:
I feel fantastic this morning! There are no after effects from my jog (none at all actually). I felt great during the run, after the run, and this morning when I woke up. Typically, I go to get up and my back lets me know it didn't appreciate the run from the day before... Not today. I'm going to keep increasing the distance over the next 2 weeks and monitor how my back responds. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the results.

Stay tuned...

No comments: