Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Taking on the Driving Range - Back Pain vs. The Golf Swing

As I mentioned in my last post about lower back pain, my New Jersey based chiropractor (Dr. Vito Pagano) said that based on my improvement, I could even try out the golf range. For anyone who has golfed before, you know that the golf swing is a pretty intense motion, especially for someone with lower back pain. Over the 4 years my back has given me trouble, the day after golfing has been painful. So, how did my back do, now that I've been going to a chiropractor for a month? EXTREMELY WELL! Read on.

I hit a bucket of balls at Pennington Golf Center with almost no back pain at all. I hit my wedges, long irons, and even my driver, which is a longer, more powerful swing that would typically give me back trouble. I streteched my back out prior to going to the range and then after. The next morning would be the big test...that's typically when I would really feel the pain. I woke up and had no lower back pain! I was amazed. My sides were sore, but that had nothing to do with my back, that's just the typical "I haven't hit golf balls in a few months" soreness that goes away pretty quickly.

A few days later, and I still have no after effects from the range. You better believe I'm going to keep up my visits to Dr. Pagano.

More to come.

The Patient

No comments: