Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jogging and Back Pain - The Saga Continues...

My last post about lower back pain and jogging explained how I tested the waters with running and came out feeling great! So, I pushed it and ran 3.1 miles to see how my back would respond. I feel good, but I must admit that my back is a little sore. Nothing even remotely close to the back pain I felt in early December, but it's letting me know that it's not 100% yet.

I'm actually ok with that... It would have blown me away if I felt no pain at all. I've been stretching today and it feels good. My bet is that by tomorrow the second day soreness will be gone and I'll feel fine. That said, I'm not going to jog for a few days.

I was tempted to visit Dr. Pagano, my chiropractor in Pennington, for an adjustment, but I'm sticking to my schedule, which is every other week.

Until then, I'll keep chugging along.

The Patient

No comments: